Monday, January 28, 2008

Photoshopped "Silky"




Here is a digital picture I manipulated using Photoshop. The original picture was in color, but I made mine look old and worn by "antiquing" it. I blurred it, used the gradient tool, changed the hue to make it look sepia and put another Gaussian blur layer over it. I also decreased the opacity and added a few "scratch" marks on top. It doesn't sound like much, but since I have never used Photoshop before, this took me quite a while to do.

I found the original picture on pics4learning.com, and I chose a chicken because I used to live on a farm with chickens who became like pets. I had two of the kind pictured here- appropriately called Silkies, since their feathers are so soft and "silky".

1 comment:

Elizabeth Langran said...

Thanks for including this interesting description of the process you went through to create this effect. Glad to see you have already made use of pics4learning! I hope you will continue to feel more comfortable with Photoshop.